There’s a saying in marketing circles that goes like this: “People do business with people they know, like and trust.”
But here’s the problem with that, The way people say it, it sounds like it’s one word. A single thought. And it creates a false expectation that prospects must get to know you, like you and trust you right away, the moment they meet you.
But here’s the thing: The “know, like, and trust” mantra are three separate things.
- First, people have to know you. Full stop.
- Then, they have to like you. Full stop.
- And only then, people can trust you enough to buy from you.
It’s THREE separate steps.
Think about it. You don’t buy from someone the first time you sign up for a free report, do you? Well, guess what… most people don’t buy right away either. They don’t buy from strangers. And if you’re creating your campaigns hoping to sell like gangbusters to cold prospects, you’re in for a big disappointment. Because remember, only 15% of people buy right away. Which means, 85% of all the money you could be making is left on the table.
Instead, approach your Before Unit for what it really is. A system to identify and get to know people who are resonant with your message, with the purpose of becoming their advocate.
This is a long-term process that takes time, and the steps must follow in the exact order.
- First (Profit Activator One), you decide who you want to serve.
- Second (Profit Activator Two), you create a compelling lead magnet – a book or a report – so that your prospects identify themselves to you and get to know you.
- Third, in your Profit Activator Three, you focus on providing value and letting them start liking you.
Now, here’s the important bit: You don’t rush it. You let the process take as long as it needs to. And you know what? When you execute the steps in the right order and patiently provide value without pushing your sales pitch too soon… You’ll notice that trust happens naturally. You don’t have to do anything extra for it.
Because the truth is when your prospects realize that you’re someone who has ideas that could help them. They will start trusting you and naturally want to do business with you.